Painless Sleep Dentistry In Parramatta
In general, patients dread going to the dentist. The fear of dental pain during dental treatments, the phobia of having a foreign material in our mouths lead to a lot of anxiety and apprehension. At Unique Dental in Parramatta, we use the modern sleep dentistry to cause the least amount of discomfort for patients. We aim to keep the patient comfortable when undergoing a dental treatment thereby visiting a dentist a pleasant and happy experience.
At our dental clinic in Parramatta, we have identified the procedures and treatments where a patient experiences discomfort and have found ways to alleviate pain through sleep dentistry. This method is also referred to as sedation dentistry wherein dentists numb the tooth and adjacent area under treatment so that patients experience little to no discomfort.
At our Dental Clinic in Parramatta, some of the following treatments are carried out using sleep dentistry procedures:
- Tooth extractions
- Tooth removal
- Oral surgery
- Implant placement
- Periodontal surgery like bone grafting
- Root canal treatment
- Emergency dental surgery
Our dentists take care that the tooth under treatment and the adjacent area is completely numbed before performing any procedure.
We use modern equipment and techniques to perform all types of sleep dentistry procedures including the application of sedatives. We offer different levels of sedatives depending on the kind of pain a person can endure, the kind of procedure needed to be carried out, the anxiety level of a patient and the patient preference.
Nitrous Oxide also called laughing gas is the most commonly used sleep dentistry sedative. You inhale this gas through a mask placed on your nose. Inhalation of nitrous gas makes you feel relaxed within minutes. This is generally used for kids and minor procedures where the level of pain is not to extreme.
For moderate levels of pain, we generally use the oral sedative technique wherein a patient must take a pain-killer pill before a dental procedure. This makes you deeply relaxed and unaware of the treatment. We use a combination of oral sedative and local anesthesia to perform procedures that cause moderate levels of pain.
For treatments where extreme pain is involved, we provide general anesthesia where your entire body is numbed, and you are unconscious so that dentists can perform any kind of surgery without risk of patient movement.
Unique Dental is one of the few places in Parramatta that has approvals to use all kinds of sleep dentistry techniques. We assure that you keep smiling before, during and after dental procedures.
How often should I be visiting my dentist?
It’s recommended that children see their dentist at least once a year.
How can I improve my oral hygiene?
- Be sure to brush at least twice per day, using a gentle, circular motion. If you’ve just eaten, wait 30 minutes to brush, since highly acidic or starchy food can soften your enamel. Don’t forget to brush your tongue – bacteria love to accumulate here.
- Remove plaque by flossing at least once a day. Gently move the floss up and down the sides of each tooth, as well as around the gum line.
- After brushing and flossing, rinse with water. You can also use antibacterial or fluoride mouthwash (avoid giving fluoride rinses to children younger than six).
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months, or when you see the brush head is worn and bristly.
- Avoid snacking on sugary or acidic foods.
- Swap sugary beverages like juice or fizzy drinks for tap water.
- Chew sugar-free gums, which can stimulate saliva production. Saliva is one of your mouth’s best natural defences against bacteria and plaque!
Do you provide payment plans?
Can we claim on Medicare?
Yes! Children are able to claim some treatments under the Child Dental Benefits Schedule Medicare. We also take government vouchers for adults that have been given by the dental hospital.
What are your hours of operation?
Our hours of operation are –
*Monday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Tuesday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Wednesday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Thursday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Friday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Saturday – 9:00am to 1:00pm
*Sunday – Closed
Book Your Visit Now
- General Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentist Merrylands
- Crown & Bridges Merrylands
- Dentures Merrylands
- Low Cost Dentists Merrylands
- Teeth Whitening
- Facial Rejuvenation Merrylands
- Lip Enhancement Merrylands
- Mini Dental Implants
- Merrylands Fillers
- Orthodontic Braces & Implants
- Root Canal Therapy Merrylands
- Surgery Merrylands
- TMJ Disorder
- Laughing Gas Merrylands
- Pediatric Dentist Merrylands
- Invisalign Merrylands
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Unique Dental Clinic.