Best Pediatric Dentist in Westmead
Important Traits of a Pediatric Dentist
Visiting a dentist can be stressful and traumatic for children as they are quite sensitive to handle the process of treatment. But they also need special attention and extra care during the complete process. Pediatric dentist at Westmead are qualified and possess all the essential qualities for the profession. Let us look over basic traits that are required for pediatric dentists:
Immense Love for Children
The unconditional love for children is the basic characteristic of a pediatric dentist as the kids are his clientele. The care and compassion for kids’ wellbeing must be there. Kids require extra attention and cautions while treating them. It concludes that one who doesn’t feel that love for kids can never be able to provide correct treatment to the kids. Pediatric dentist in Westmead is passionate about kids.
The other most important trait of a pediatric dentist is patience. As a kid may take a long time to get in the right mood or it can take a lot of time to explain a kid, it takes a lot of patience and understanding for a professional to treat its patients. ·
They need to be understanding, thoughtful, and strong simultaneously. They should be capable enough to provide instructions to the kids to follow during the treatment process. The balance between love and commands must be maintained during the check-ups and treatment.
Kids are generally quirky and don’t sit at a place quietly, which makes the whole process of dental treatment difficult and risky also. From the check-up to the treatment process, it takes a lot of time. It is quite a daunting task to manage a kid for a long time. Pediatric Dentists in Westmead engage kids very well. Manipulating their attention is required to minimize the pain and reduce the fear and anxiety in them. Engaging them in interesting stories or other tricks is useful while handling.
Before taking your kid for oral or dental treatment, it is imperative to check the qualification of a pediatric dentist. In Westmead, they are highly qualified and possess rich experience in the field. They have treated fatal cases in the kids of tooth decay, cavity, and many more. They even educate children regarding good oral habits to incorporate in their routine.
How often should I be visiting my dentist?
It’s recommended that children see their dentist at least once a year.
How can I improve my oral hygiene?
- Be sure to brush at least twice per day, using a gentle, circular motion. If you’ve just eaten, wait 30 minutes to brush, since highly acidic or starchy food can soften your enamel. Don’t forget to brush your tongue – bacteria love to accumulate here.
- Remove plaque by flossing at least once a day. Gently move the floss up and down the sides of each tooth, as well as around the gum line.
- After brushing and flossing, rinse with water. You can also use antibacterial or fluoride mouthwash (avoid giving fluoride rinses to children younger than six).
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months, or when you see the brush head is worn and bristly.
- Avoid snacking on sugary or acidic foods.
- Swap sugary beverages like juice or fizzy drinks for tap water.
- Chew sugar-free gums, which can stimulate saliva production. Saliva is one of your mouth’s best natural defences against bacteria and plaque!
Do you provide payment plans?
Can we claim on Medicare?
Yes! Children are able to claim some treatments under the Child Dental Benefits Schedule Medicare. We also take government vouchers for adults that have been given by the dental hospital.
What are your hours of operation?
Our hours of operation are –
*Monday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Tuesday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Wednesday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Thursday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Friday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Saturday – 9:00am to 1:00pm
*Sunday – Closed
Book Your Visit Now
- General Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentist Merrylands
- Crown & Bridges Merrylands
- Dentures Merrylands
- Low Cost Dentists Merrylands
- Teeth Whitening
- Facial Rejuvenation Merrylands
- Lip Enhancement Merrylands
- Mini Dental Implants
- Merrylands Fillers
- Orthodontic Braces & Implants
- Root Canal Therapy Merrylands
- Surgery Merrylands
- TMJ Disorder
- Laughing Gas Merrylands
- Pediatric Dentist Merrylands
- Invisalign Merrylands
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Unique Dental Clinic.
2/8 McFarlane St, Merrylands NSW 2160