Proficient Pediatric Dentist in Wentworthville
Common Dental Procedures for Kids
Children’s teeth are prone to dental issues if proper care is not taken. Eating sweets can induce dental issues like cavities, toothache, which are painful for such a young age still it is difficult to cut their sugar consumption. In such cases, pediatric dentists come as a savior. Pediatric dentist in Wentworthville has some safe and proven dental procedures to treat kids’ teeth. Some of them are as follows:
Stainless Steel Crowns
At times, kids’ back teeth are damaged and are not able to hold white fillings; in such conditions, stainless steel crowns are like saviors. If it is left without examining or providing any treatment, it can be harmful to enamel and dentin even for the nerves sometimes. In such an extreme scenario, only stainless-steel crowns are helpful. Pediatric dentist maintains complete hygiene while providing this treatment in Wentworthville.
To prevent tooth decay, sealants are highly efficient. They are thin plastic coatings white in color, which are applied to the chewing surfaces or tops of the back teeth. These sealants prevent the collection of plaque in the pits and grooves on the chewing surfaces. They have the life of 5 to 10 years, generally with taking proper care. This is the safest method to cure tooth decay, as suggested by many pediatric dentists in Wentworthville.
To resist acid attacks which occur from plaque, sugars, and bacteria, fluoride treatment is helpful. Kids can intake fluoride through mouth rinse, toothpaste, and medicines suggested by a pediatric dentist. To apply a professional fluoride treatment, generally, gel and foam are used on kids’ teeth. These treatments are of higher effectiveness as compared to toothpaste and mouthwash. To overcome the fluoride deficiency, pediatric dentist in Wentworthville provides a specific plan for kids.
Before starting any treatment, a kid’s mouth is properly cleaned, removing plaque and tartar deposits. These two are the basic reason for any kind of teeth or gum issues in the kids. If these both are timely removed thorough cleaning, then the chances of tooth-related issues can be minimised. Pediatric dentist in Wentworthville suggests parents for proper cleaning of their kids’ mouth in every six months. They have proper tools and liquids for thorough cleaning.
When a primary tooth is prematurely lost, then space maintainers are used to providing the space for the developing permanent tooth. In the absence of proper space, a tooth can drift or disposition.
How often should I be visiting my dentist?
It’s recommended that children see their dentist at least once a year.
How can I improve my oral hygiene?
- Be sure to brush at least twice per day, using a gentle, circular motion. If you’ve just eaten, wait 30 minutes to brush, since highly acidic or starchy food can soften your enamel. Don’t forget to brush your tongue – bacteria love to accumulate here.
- Remove plaque by flossing at least once a day. Gently move the floss up and down the sides of each tooth, as well as around the gum line.
- After brushing and flossing, rinse with water. You can also use antibacterial or fluoride mouthwash (avoid giving fluoride rinses to children younger than six).
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months, or when you see the brush head is worn and bristly.
- Avoid snacking on sugary or acidic foods.
- Swap sugary beverages like juice or fizzy drinks for tap water.
- Chew sugar-free gums, which can stimulate saliva production. Saliva is one of your mouth’s best natural defences against bacteria and plaque!
Do you provide payment plans?
Can we claim on Medicare?
Yes! Children are able to claim some treatments under the Child Dental Benefits Schedule Medicare. We also take government vouchers for adults that have been given by the dental hospital.
What are your hours of operation?
Our hours of operation are –
*Monday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Tuesday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Wednesday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Thursday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Friday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Saturday – 9:00am to 1:00pm
*Sunday – Closed
Book Your Visit Now
© 2023 Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Unique Dental Clinic.
2/8 McFarlane St, Merrylands NSW 2160