Pediatric Dentist – Kid Friendly Dentist in Granville
Essential Tools in Pediatric Dentistry: Sedation
Not everyone loves a dentist, especially some children. Pediatric dental clinics can often become a horror movie when a child with a broken tooth walks into your clinic and experiences firsthand the range of different instruments and shapes it can be extremely traumatic.
Anxiety is quite natural in pediatric dental clinics. Not all people in any city, including Granville, are comfortable with getting their surgeries done without external aid, for they associate it with a lot of pain, especially due to very sensitive teeth.
Regardless, for every human misery, there is one solution or another. It all depends upon how grave the problem is. Sedation Dentistry, one solution, it is exactly what it sounds like. It is an exercise that involves getting your patient numb to any sort of pain he/she may encounter during difficult operations. Let’s look at some interesting facts about the same.
- Sedation based pediatric dentistry is legal. It is recommended for long-lasting procedures or children with an excessive fear of dental reparations.
- A child with a strong gag reflex may require a mild sedative to keep him calm and composed as the surgery is undertaken.
- It not just restricted only to children. Adults with hypersensitivity or special needs can utilize this service too.
- NO2 or Nitrous Oxide is a safe, mild sedative that is mixed with oxygen and induced into the child, making them feel europhoric. Five minutes later, he/she will be back into the world as it appears.
- Oral Sedatives perform their action by way of the mouth or nose, keeping your kid a little drowsy, relaxed and calm. It works within twenty minutes or so.
- IV Sedation: A needle is inserted in a child’s vein to induce him into a drug afflicted state. This statement might seem difficult to hear, but it’s perfectly natural. Don’t worry too much about it.
It is important to have only a light-hearted meal before this whole process to make sure the drug acts in the most effective of its way. After midnight, the child should not be given solid food or non-clear liquids. These are technicalities that your pediatric dentist will clear out for you sooner or later. All this is possible, only after you consult a pediatric dentist and decided on this as a solution for dental treatment.
So, get your child her favorite stuffed toy, get into the car and be sure to visit a pediatric dentist clinic in Granville today! We certainly desperately hope you will.
How often should I be visiting my dentist?
It’s recommended that children see their dentist at least once a year.
How can I improve my oral hygiene?
- Be sure to brush at least twice per day, using a gentle, circular motion. If you’ve just eaten, wait 30 minutes to brush, since highly acidic or starchy food can soften your enamel. Don’t forget to brush your tongue – bacteria love to accumulate here.
- Remove plaque by flossing at least once a day. Gently move the floss up and down the sides of each tooth, as well as around the gum line.
- After brushing and flossing, rinse with water. You can also use antibacterial or fluoride mouthwash (avoid giving fluoride rinses to children younger than six).
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months, or when you see the brush head is worn and bristly.
- Avoid snacking on sugary or acidic foods.
- Swap sugary beverages like juice or fizzy drinks for tap water.
- Chew sugar-free gums, which can stimulate saliva production. Saliva is one of your mouth’s best natural defences against bacteria and plaque!
Do you provide payment plans?
Can we claim on Medicare?
Yes! Children are able to claim some treatments under the Child Dental Benefits Schedule Medicare. We also take government vouchers for adults that have been given by the dental hospital.
What are your hours of operation?
Our hours of operation are –
*Monday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Tuesday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Wednesday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Thursday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Friday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Saturday – 9:00am to 1:00pm
*Sunday – Closed
Book Your Visit Now
- General Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentist Merrylands
- Crown & Bridges Merrylands
- Dentures Merrylands
- Low Cost Dentists Merrylands
- Teeth Whitening
- Facial Rejuvenation Merrylands
- Lip Enhancement Merrylands
- Mini Dental Implants
- Merrylands Fillers
- Orthodontic Braces & Implants
- Root Canal Therapy Merrylands
- Surgery Merrylands
- TMJ Disorder
- Laughing Gas Merrylands
- Pediatric Dentist Merrylands
- Invisalign Merrylands
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Unique Dental Clinic.