Procedural Root Canal Treatment In Parramatta
Root Canal Treatment – Overview
A root canal is a passage between the pulp and tooth roots, which contains nerves and blood vessels. As the adult tooth is grown from the gums, the nerve has no purpose remained. It only senses heat, cold, and other things. Once the nerve gets infected caused by decay, it is a standard practice to remove it to treat tooth pain and protect other teeth from the infection spread.
This whole procedure of comforting a tooth from pain and prevent other teeth from decay by removing the infected pulp and nerves are widely known as Root canal treatment.
In Parramatta, root canal treatment is a standard dental procedure which is very much popular due to its amazing results in relieving tooth pain and protecting teeth.
What are the reasons behind root canal pain?
Toothache can happen to anyone of any age with mature teeth. In Parramatta, dentists suggest root canal treatments if patients feel severe pain for the following reasons:
- Tooth decay which has reached the outer layers of the teeth can trigger a severe root canal pain and can’t be stopped without visiting the doctor.
- Teeth are subjected to cracks and chips if they are weak in terms of calcium, this can result in tooth decay, and after reaching the limit, it can cause root canal pain.
- Infected tooth pulp needs to be removed if there are recent dental procedures done which have impacted negatively or large fillings can also cause serious pain. This can also lead your dentist for a root canal treatment.
Dentists practicing in Parramatta explain the need for infected tooth pulp-removal.
As the nerve tissue or pulp of the tooth gets damaged, it tends to break down. This causes the bacteria generation and accumulation within the pulp chamber. This bacteria and other infectious debris harm that area creating a pus-filled pocket that generally takes place at the end of the roots of the tooth, causing it to drift, decay or discoloration.
This infection spreads all over the root canal. Dentists advise for the timely root canal treatment as this can cause the following damage:
- The swelling from gums can spread all over the other areas of faces, neck, and head, which can further cause severe damage and increase the cost of a doctor visit.
- A serious bone loss can occur around the tip of the root, which can worsen the condition to provide treatment.
How often should I be visiting my dentist?
It’s recommended that children see their dentist at least once a year.
How can I improve my oral hygiene?
- Be sure to brush at least twice per day, using a gentle, circular motion. If you’ve just eaten, wait 30 minutes to brush, since highly acidic or starchy food can soften your enamel. Don’t forget to brush your tongue – bacteria love to accumulate here.
- Remove plaque by flossing at least once a day. Gently move the floss up and down the sides of each tooth, as well as around the gum line.
- After brushing and flossing, rinse with water. You can also use antibacterial or fluoride mouthwash (avoid giving fluoride rinses to children younger than six).
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months, or when you see the brush head is worn and bristly.
- Avoid snacking on sugary or acidic foods.
- Swap sugary beverages like juice or fizzy drinks for tap water.
- Chew sugar-free gums, which can stimulate saliva production. Saliva is one of your mouth’s best natural defences against bacteria and plaque!
Do you provide payment plans?
Can we claim on Medicare?
Yes! Children are able to claim some treatments under the Child Dental Benefits Schedule Medicare. We also take government vouchers for adults that have been given by the dental hospital.
What are your hours of operation?
Our hours of operation are –
*Monday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Tuesday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Wednesday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Thursday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Friday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Saturday – 9:00am to 1:00pm
*Sunday – Closed
Book Your Visit Now
- General Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentist Merrylands
- Crown & Bridges Merrylands
- Dentures Merrylands
- Low Cost Dentists Merrylands
- Teeth Whitening
- Facial Rejuvenation Merrylands
- Lip Enhancement Merrylands
- Mini Dental Implants
- Merrylands Fillers
- Orthodontic Braces & Implants
- Root Canal Therapy Merrylands
- Surgery Merrylands
- TMJ Disorder
- Laughing Gas Merrylands
- Pediatric Dentist Merrylands
- Invisalign Merrylands
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Unique Dental Clinic.