Professional Root Canal Treatment In Guildford
The Procedure of Root Canal Treatment
Root canal treatment involves the removal of tooth pulp which is infected from the tooth and then sealing it for the protection from future tooth pain and infection spread. It is basically a sure-shot dental procedure with multiple steps.
In Guildford, generally, dentists follow a set of steps for the treatment to provide relief from the pain. A root canal treatment is comprised of the following steps:
With an X-ray, dentists in Guildford extract the exact problem and area where the treatment is required. X-rays project a clearer picture of infection and its spread.
As the very first step, a local anesthetic is applied to numb the area which diminishes the pain of procedure throughout the process. This makes easier for the patient to hold and co-operate with the dentist. Also, to keep the area dry, a rubber sheet is placed around the infected tooth.
- Drilling in:
After the sedation, an extra hole is drilled into the mouth with the help of specific tool and all the infected roots and pulp tissue are pulled out from the mouth. This makes the gums, teeth and mouth infection-free and even safe for the future.
- Closing Out:
In Guildford, dentists generally provide the temporary filling after removing the infected material to minimize the root canal pain on the same day. The hole which was drilled in access is covered with the filling material. Sometimes a customized crown is applied after a few days on the tooth to seal the filling from future decay. This crown is generally made of rubber compound which is safe for use.
- Final step:
In Guildford, the root canal treatment is complete with a crown which ends the root canal pain completely. Some dentists also put the temporary filling to give time to infected material to get drained out completely. The whole process is tedious but essential and requires few dentist visits for the completion.
This is not the end and you can’t be careless regarding the oral care. Even you need to be extra careful after getting a root canal treatment done. A crown over the top of the tooth is just after the treatment. Dentists in Guildford emphasizes on the crown and frequent visits to dentists for timely x-rays and cleaning process.
We at Guildford offer the best root canal treatment examining it considering all angles and provides you with the long-lasting relief from pain.
How often should I be visiting my dentist?
It’s recommended that children see their dentist at least once a year.
How can I improve my oral hygiene?
- Be sure to brush at least twice per day, using a gentle, circular motion. If you’ve just eaten, wait 30 minutes to brush, since highly acidic or starchy food can soften your enamel. Don’t forget to brush your tongue – bacteria love to accumulate here.
- Remove plaque by flossing at least once a day. Gently move the floss up and down the sides of each tooth, as well as around the gum line.
- After brushing and flossing, rinse with water. You can also use antibacterial or fluoride mouthwash (avoid giving fluoride rinses to children younger than six).
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months, or when you see the brush head is worn and bristly.
- Avoid snacking on sugary or acidic foods.
- Swap sugary beverages like juice or fizzy drinks for tap water.
- Chew sugar-free gums, which can stimulate saliva production. Saliva is one of your mouth’s best natural defences against bacteria and plaque!
Do you provide payment plans?
Can we claim on Medicare?
Yes! Children are able to claim some treatments under the Child Dental Benefits Schedule Medicare. We also take government vouchers for adults that have been given by the dental hospital.
What are your hours of operation?
Our hours of operation are –
*Monday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Tuesday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Wednesday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Thursday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Friday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Saturday – 9:00am to 1:00pm
*Sunday – Closed
Book Your Visit Now
- General Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentist Merrylands
- Crown & Bridges Merrylands
- Dentures Merrylands
- Low Cost Dentists Merrylands
- Teeth Whitening
- Facial Rejuvenation Merrylands
- Lip Enhancement Merrylands
- Mini Dental Implants
- Merrylands Fillers
- Orthodontic Braces & Implants
- Root Canal Therapy Merrylands
- Surgery Merrylands
- TMJ Disorder
- Laughing Gas Merrylands
- Pediatric Dentist Merrylands
- Invisalign Merrylands
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Unique Dental Clinic.