Oral Sedation Dentistry In Granville
It is common to fear the pain that you will go through during your dental treatment. This fear can be very stressful and lead to intense anxiety and even depression. It may lead to overthinking and deciding to endure the agony of suffering rather than getting the tooth treated. Unique Dental understand the grievance and pain that one suffers. We are also aware of the fact that many patients are phobic and avoid completing the treatment too. Therefore, we employ sedation dentistry in Granville to comfort our patients and help to reduce stress. We are one of the leading and most trusted sedation dentists in Granville.
We successfully sedated and numb the affected area so that one does not feel any discomfort or pain during treatment. Our experts successfully use sedation for the simplest procedure like teeth cleaning to major invasive procedures. It depends upon the will and pain bearing capacity of the patient. If the patient requests us not to use sedation while treating them. We follow the instructions and instruct our sedation dentist in Granville Accordingly.
Our team of professional sedation dentists in Granville use a simple process to sedate the patient during dental treatment. The main function of sedates is to relax the patients and control their anxiety. Sedation dentistry is often referred to as laughing gas dentistry as it involves giving local anesthesia in a limited dose to the patient.
The level of sedation used are mentioned as follows:
- Minimal Sedation: In this sedates are given in limited quantity. The patients are awake when given minimum sedation but do not feel any pain during treatment. Minimum sedation is given to relax the patient and their anxiety.
- Moderate Sedation: This is next level sedation given to the patients. The patient may slur words when given moderate sedation. It is a form of conscious sedation but there are many instances where the patient does not remember much about the treatment performed. The impact of this sedation is a little higher than minimal sedation.
- Deep Sedation: The patient is awake when given deep sedation but is on the verge of unconsciousness. The patient may feel sleepy when given this sedation.
- General Anesthesia: This is usually given during major dental surgery or implants. When given this anesthesia, the patient is unconscious and may take a while to regain consciousness.
Our professional team of sedation dentists in Granville use the right level of sedation depending upon each individual requirements and treatment time required. We make sure to thoroughly inform our patients concerning the treatment and sedation before commencing the procedure.
Connect with us now to know more!
How often should I be visiting my dentist?
It’s recommended that children see their dentist at least once a year.
How can I improve my oral hygiene?
- Be sure to brush at least twice per day, using a gentle, circular motion. If you’ve just eaten, wait 30 minutes to brush, since highly acidic or starchy food can soften your enamel. Don’t forget to brush your tongue – bacteria love to accumulate here.
- Remove plaque by flossing at least once a day. Gently move the floss up and down the sides of each tooth, as well as around the gum line.
- After brushing and flossing, rinse with water. You can also use antibacterial or fluoride mouthwash (avoid giving fluoride rinses to children younger than six).
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months, or when you see the brush head is worn and bristly.
- Avoid snacking on sugary or acidic foods.
- Swap sugary beverages like juice or fizzy drinks for tap water.
- Chew sugar-free gums, which can stimulate saliva production. Saliva is one of your mouth’s best natural defences against bacteria and plaque!
Do you provide payment plans?
Can we claim on Medicare?
Yes! Children are able to claim some treatments under the Child Dental Benefits Schedule Medicare. We also take government vouchers for adults that have been given by the dental hospital.
What are your hours of operation?
Our hours of operation are –
*Monday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Tuesday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Wednesday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Thursday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Friday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Saturday – 9:00am to 1:00pm
*Sunday – Closed
Book Your Visit Now
- General Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentist Merrylands
- Crown & Bridges Merrylands
- Dentures Merrylands
- Low Cost Dentists Merrylands
- Teeth Whitening
- Facial Rejuvenation Merrylands
- Lip Enhancement Merrylands
- Mini Dental Implants
- Merrylands Fillers
- Orthodontic Braces & Implants
- Root Canal Therapy Merrylands
- Surgery Merrylands
- TMJ Disorder
- Laughing Gas Merrylands
- Pediatric Dentist Merrylands
- Invisalign Merrylands
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Unique Dental Clinic.